BOLTRC KRAKEN 5R KIT
Coupled with BoltRC's unique molded aerodynamic polycarbonate pod, the Kraken 5R delivers a racing pedigree that is hard to match for speed, handling, weight and strength.
The Kraken 5R has 4mm replaceable arms, a custom 1.6mm PDB and the Pod made from 2mm polycarbonate sheet. This compares to the Kraken 5X frame which is a heavier frame with wider arms, a 2mm PDB and a 3mm polycarbonate pod.
The frame build is quite simple when compared to other extreme X frames. This reflects the unique pod design, custom pdb and integrated camera mount. This keeps your FC stack low with ample space for your electronics.
Typical build weight is approximately 265-285 grams depending on your specific components.
- Unique molded aerodynamic polycarbonate pod
- 4mm thick carbon fiber arms
- Not a unibody - the arms are easily replaceable
- True symmetrical X design
- Fits full size FPV equipment including HS1177 camera
- Kraken 5R Arms (4)
- Kraken 5 Bottom Plate - 1.5mm CF (1)
- Kraken 5R PDB - 1.6mm Custom PDB with integrated 8v LDO regulator (1)
- Kraken Hardware Pack (1)
- Kraken PC Pod - 2.0mm (1)
- Kraken HS1177 Cam Bracket Kit (1)
- Kraken Battery Pad (1)
- Kraken PDB FC Inset Nuts (5)
- BoltRC Rubberized Battery Strap (1)
The K5R is built lighter whereas the K5X is built tougher:
- K5R has a 1.6mm PDB whereas K5X has a stronger stiffer 2.0mm PDB
- K5R arms are 12mm wide at narrowest point whereas K5X is 14mm
- K5R uses the 2.0mm pod whereas the K5X uses the 3.0mm pod.
For more information please click here.